Monday, June 22, 2009

And Now the Jeep

Letting go of people is painful, much more so than than letting go of things, but sometimes letting go of things can be difficult too. This week, I'm trying to do both.

This is my 1976 CJ7 Jeep, which has a huge American Motors engine, independent 4-wheel drive, an onboard air compressor for when you're on the trail and need to deflate/inflate your tires, and a winch that will pull down large trees. It also has extra gas jerricans, tow straps, running lights and spots, and a car cover. I took the rear seat out but it comes with the car. I'm selling the Jeep, along with three other cars and a couple of properties I can no longer afford to keep so I don't have to give up the house I live in. Times, in more ways than one, are hard.

This car makes little kids smile and laugh. They love the fact that it's way taller than their mom and that when they stand in it, they're on top of the world. It trundles along faithfully, sort of like a big, not very smart dog, and it eats up snowy roads, backwood trails, ravines, superhighways and sandy beaches. It's not the fastest thing on four wheels, and it doesn't need to be. Hummer owners fear it. It comes with a lot of good memories.

If you're interested, send me an email. thierry@sagnier.com

No comments:

Post a Comment