Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Fox & the Hedgehog--The Musical!

To be sure, they'll rob you blind
Of money, love and time.
The Fox and the Hedgehog

I've forgotten both where or when I learned this song as well as the chord progression, but I remember the lyrics and I've always found them evocative, so here goes. I have no idea why I want to put this out there....

There are groundhogs, there are foxes

Secrets locked in tiny boxes

Buddhist monks, lonesome Christians

Online scammers, politicians.


One day soon you’ll know them all

At the rise and at the fall

All companions, all good friends

Who’ll stay with you til the end.


Or maybe they’ll just mosey on

Humming a much different song

Than you thought you should be hearing

Song of sorrow, song of fearing.


May your friends and may your lovers

Be like music that discovers

Memories of better times

Better notes and better rhymes.


Just one thing you should remember

Keep a bullet in the chamber

Turn your back, they’ll rob you blind

Of money, love and time.


One last thing you should remember

Keep a bullet in the chamber

To be sure, they’ll rob you blind

Of money, love and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment