Friday, February 18, 2011
We are getting subtly closer to 2012, when any number of natural and mystical causes will alter our lives forever. According to various sources, we can expect a host of deleterious events, to wit:
· The Mayan calendar ends on the Gregorian calendar date of December 21, 2012, which most people believe is the total end of civilization as we know it.
· A magnetic polar shift, causing massive global superstorms. NASA, it seems, is aware of this but, hey, what can one government agency do?
· The appearance of a second sun. Betelgeuse, a very, very large star, is dying, and its last gasps will illuminate our planet for days, or maybe centuries.
· Planet X, also known as Erin, is getting closer to our very own Earth, and will spur volcanic activities, tsunamis and quakes.
· Nostradamus has predicted the start of World War III, preceded by a host of natural disasters.
· Edgar Cayce apparently agrees with the Mayans.
· Jared Loughner (he shot Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and killed a bunch of people. How quickly we forget.) is a big fan of 2012 prophecies.
· Albert Einstein once said : “If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe then man would only have four years of life left. No more bees, no more pollination, no more plants, no more animals, no more man.” A highly contagious disease began striking bees in 2008.
· Coded passages of the Bible predict solar flares and other ruinous activities. Revelation 16:8-9 "And they fourth poured out his bowl upon the sun; and it was given to it to burn men with fire. And men were burned with great heat; and they blasphemed the name of God Who has the authority over these plagues; and they did not repent to give Him glory."
· The Bible has a lot to say on the annihilation of mankind. Isaiah 30:26-27. Moreover the light of the shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound. Behold, the name of the LORD cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire: ..."
· But there is a ray of hope: According to Hopi prophecies, we are leaving the rock and mineral cycle and will soon be entering the animal and human cycle. But then again, the Hopi have not fared particularly well since the 1600s, so I’m not sure their beliefs can hold their own against the Mayans, the Bible, Nostradamus and Einstein.
Personally, I am thinking of running up huge credit card bills even though I know this would be wrong.