Sunday, February 10, 2013

Writing About People, Places & Things


So after writing some 500 blogs on varying subjects—some with a modicum of wisdom and others not—I recently culled what I thought were the best hundred or so entries and created a collection titled Writings About People, Places & Things. I edited the thing, formatted it to the demanding specifications required by Amazon’s Kindle, bought a photo and created a cover, and on Thursday lofted the thing into the ebook universe. It’s available at http:/tinyurl.com/alg3nyy.

I did this partially because I believe some of the writing is worth keeping, and largely because in a couple of days I will go in for the fourth surgical procedure to arrest a cancer that apparently does not wish to be arrested. Though I am trying to enter this latest foray with a positive attitude, I have to admit the whole thing is getting old. I was initially diagnosed more than 18 months ago, declared cancer-free and then not-so-much cancer-free two times following a battery of follow-up tests. This, I know, is often the way cancer works, and it has left me, scared, depressed, and resigned.

The one positive aspect of this situation is that I have been writing more than ever.  I have three uncompleted projects that need attention and I am determined to finish them within the year. I plan to demand St. Martin’s Press shower me with dollars and an international book tour, but if the editors there do not consider the works worthy (inconceivable, I know, but the world is a strange and unfair place) I will self-publish.

If you are reading this blog, do me a favor: please download or sample Writings About People, Places & Things on your Kindle, Nook, PC, or pad. Write a review and help me foster some interest among readers. I’d really appreciate it.  Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Cancer Hospitals in India are home to few of the most well known Cancer consultants. Due to large population in India, the experience of these cancer consultants is enormous. The equipments in these heart hospitals are the latest in the world and the facilities match the five star hotel standards. Apollo Hospital Chennai has recently installed Cyberknife Technology which is the most advanced technology for treating cancer in the world.
    When it comes to finding best cardiac care, India boasts of providing cardiac care with some of the most renowned heart surgeons in the world. The heart surgeons in India are highly qualified and operate at the most reputed heart hospitals in India.
    A huge number of people from around the world are opting to travel overseas or out of their home countries to avail of medical and surgical procedures, either because of non availability of facilities in their countries, or because the services costs a fortune in their own country. India has emerged to be one of the most popular destination for
    medical tourism.
    Best hospital in India for bypass surgery
    best hospital in india for cosmetic surgery
    best hospital in india for liver cancer
    best hospital in india for breast cancer treatment

    ReplyDelete