Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Toot Toot


It’s been an odd week.

I have surgery in two days, which does not foster peace of mind. This is number nine. I had really hoped number eight would be it, but c’est la vie.

On the other hand, some good stuff has happened.

The first is that my new book Thirst is out. Wait... I have to be honest, it’s not an entirely new book. It’s a rewrite of an earlier book, but still, it’s readable or so I’m told.

Thirst is available from http://tinyurl.com/thirstbook. Here’s the deal: If you buy the actual paper-and-ink book, you get a free copy of the e-book. Also, I’m giving away e-book copies to the first six people willing to write an honest review of Thirst on Goodreads and Amazon. I need the reviews because that’s how books sell… I can send you a book file in any of the E-reader format—mobi, epub, zip, or pdf. Contact me and let me know what works for you: thierry@sagnier.com.

A second good event is that the interview/video/recording of one of my songs, Jesus My Friend, was released yesterday by www.Cancercanrock.org. I’m pleased because I don’t look like a blithering idiot; it’s actually a really good video, for a really good cause. The song is available from my band’s page on http://www.reverbnation.com/cashcarry.

Third, the Washington Post will carry a piece on my Cancer Can Rock experience in its Health Section on Tuesday, March 31. What started out as a blog I wrote a couple of weeks ago was massaged into a feature article by Post editors. It’s been a long time since I’ve had something in that noteworthy paper so there is this sense of déjà vu; I worked there for years in the last millennium and used to be published regularly.

So there you have it. Forgive me for tooting my own horn, but self-publicity is a must in the brave new world of e-media. So toot too, or as they say in French, ta ra ta ta.


 

 

 

2 comments: