Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Well, Crap


Well crapola, here we go again. Surgery number nine is in two weeks. I had heard of the repeated surgical procedures often necessary following serious burns, or reconstructive work after an accident, but I never thought of it in terms of dealing with cancer. Nine is a lot. The pre-op nurse I saw yesterday said, “You again?” Yeah, me again.

On the positive side, I now have a very cool song that was recorded by the Cancer Can Rock people (see March 4 Epiphanettes), and if you’re interested, I’ll send it to you. The CCR (www.cancercanrock.org) folks are worth following. They’re doing worthwhile and little-known work.

Remaining positive, it looks as if the Washington Post may run the recording session blog I wrote. This is good, though it has that déjà vu feeling. Forty years ago, I wrote regularly for the Post. Now I’m beginning to do so again. Life is weird.

And still remaining positive (although now it’s getting tiresome) I have a re-edited book on Kindle, Thirst. Personally, I think it’s pretty neat and if you’re looking for a quick read, go for it. If you like it, please give it a review on Amazon. I’ll be grateful. It’s at http://tinyurl.com/thirstbook

Lastly, it looks as if winter is over. I know, compared to other areas in the States, we in Northern Virginia had it easy—barely a foot. But what people don’t take into consideration is that Washington, DC, and its suburbs have the second worse traffic situation in the country. Add to that a very large population of, er, non-natives, who truly do not know how to drive generally, much less in snow, and here’s a disaster in the making.

A couple of weeks ago, a sudden snowfall caught me as I was returning from breakfast with friends. The highway home became brutally slick. Folks in SUVs decided the road’s shoulders were less crowded than the regular lanes and all of a sudden, I was surrounded by largish SUVs doing arabesques and sliding this way and that. It looked like an elephantine ballet. I drove away slowly hoping no one would get hurt and highly pleased my ancient car, normally unusable in the snow, managed to crawl its way home.

You take your joy where you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment